Recently Mr Practical Pants brought home a box of vintage photos for me to go through. After decades of marriage, he knows me all too well! The photos sadly with no names or dates on the back, were from the 1920’s-1930’s. They included group shots of a family that enjoyed the finer things in life including lovely clothes, homes and the best auto transportation of the period.
I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for old black and white photos so finding creative ways to use them is always fun. They are almost like mini pieces of art each one telling a story of long ago so why not use them? Below are a few ideas on how to repurpose vintage photos~
1. Tack a few photos on a wall. This is a great idea if you have an antique booth and want to change up the background in your space.
2. For a Wedding, collect old Bride and Groom images and make a photo garland. Take several of the photos and attach them to ribbon or string placing on a wall.
3. Make a DIY Vintage Table Runner- Directions here via Ruffled Blog
* Paper and Tags
1. Make vintage gift tags from black and white photo copies. Use a tag shaped paper punch to cut the gift tags from. Use decorative tape to edge the photo.
2. Make your own custom wrapping paper. Take a variety of your favorite old photos and papers to the local office supply store and make enlargements on white paper.
So don’t put those old photos away, repurpose them!